- current season
- buy tickets
- plan your visit
- support us
- contact us
- tobacco warehouse
St. Ann's Warehouse has a small staff with great ambitions, and we rely on assistance from a team of talented, dedicated volunteers and interns.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION>>
St. Ann’s Warehouse, the award-winning presenter of international and American avant-garde theater and live concerts, seeks a full time, highly motivated individual to become an integral part of a small staff with great ambitions. The Director of Marketing works as a key team member with the Artistic Director, Executive Director, General Manager, Box Office Manager, Director of External Affairs, and Director of Individual Giving, as well as an external graphic design team (Flyleaf Creative, Inc.) and publicist (Blake Zidell & Associates), to oversee all programming and institutional marketing. Responsible for reaching earned income goals, the Director of Marketing promotes and strategically reinforces the unifying St. Ann’s image, its mission and programs in pursuit and retention of audiences, press, members, and donors. Experience with dynamic pricing and with multiple media outlets are crucial to meeting these goals. Institutional marketing and reinforcing the organization’s profile are more important than ever as St. Ann’s moves into its first permanent home in the Tobacco Warehouse in Brooklyn Bridge Park, opening 2015.
• Strategizing, creating, managing, and executing targeted marketing campaigns for all programs and events and ongoing institutional marketing;
• Creating and tracking marketing budgets and schedules;
• Setting ticket prices for all shows prior to the start of the season. Re-evaluating and implementing dynamic pricing throughout the year a must;
• Working closely with Artistic Director and senior staff team to assess risk on potential projects;
• Analyzing and reporting past and present sales figures, statistics, and patterns, and overseeing ticket inventory;
• Writing copy for brochures, postcards, advertisements, and highly personalized letter e-mail blasts; coordinating Artistic Director, Executive Director and other team member participation and approvals, as well as partner organizations, to meet deadlines;
• Coordinating and project managing the design, printing, and mailing/placements of brochures, postcards, posters, and advertisements;
• Working closely with Artistic Director and Flyleaf on design and copy development;
• Coordinating ad placement and media buys with various advertisers as well as developing and maintaining relationships with media outlets;
• Maintaining, managing, and updating the organization’s website with Flyleaf;
• Working with Marketing and Membership Associate, Development staff, and Box Office personnel on customer relations, including overseeing St. Ann’s Membership program acquisition and renewal campaigns;
• Working with Development staff on cultivating corporate sponsorships and developing innovative cross-promotion opportunities;
• Supervising Marketing and Membership Associate who is responsible for:
o Administering a growing Membership program, including managing Member communications, ticket orders, cultivation, and services;
o Coordinating all aspects of group sales and cultivating new groups through grassroots outreach;
o Engaging and communicating with St. Ann’s community, audiences, fans, and potential fans via social media;
o Managing the distribution of marketing materials;
o Maintaining onsite marketing materials, lobby and indoor/outdoor signage displays
• 3-4 years training and experience in Marketing and related work
• Excellent organizational, administrative and computer skills
• Strong oral and written communications skills, including experience in producing publications and copy editing
• Graphic design experience a plus
• Knowledge of New York and national arts and cultural community
• Ability to work independently and as part of both an artistic and institutional team
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and to meet multiple deadlines
• Knowledge of MS Word and Excel required, knowledge of Raisers Edge database and Ovationtix ticketing system a big plus
Start date: Immediately. Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and includes excellent benefits. Please e-mail cover letter, resume, three references and contact information, and salary history for past three positions to Andrew Hamingson, Executive Director; firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. St. Ann’s Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we do not anticipate needing volunteer ushers for the remainder of the 2013-14 season.
Please sign up here to be added to the volunteer usher contact list. We will reach out to you if and when we are ready to schedule volunteers.